Newcomb K-8 Academy New Construction
Construction Duration: December 2013-August 2015
Construction Budget: $46 Million
Project Area: 13.5 Acres
Square Footage: 155,000
Students Served: 980
Projected Opening: Fall 2015
This project is a complete rebuild of the 50-year old campus. The new design features six contemporary buildings surrounding a "main-street/quad" in the campus center.
Special attention will be given to use of natural light with many windows and sustainability features such as water-saving plumbing fixtures, energy-efficient heating/air conditioning, and drought-resistant landscaping.
The plan features double-story classroom buildings for grades 1-5 and 6-8/administration, a library, a kindergarten building, a gymnasium and a multipurpose room/cafeteria adjacent to a 250-seat auditorium.
Two parking lots on the north and south side will serve staff and visitors. Pickup and drop-off zones will be reconfigured for greater efficiency.
- Statement of Soil Assessments (August 20, 2015)
- Project Update (January 19, 2017)
- Project Update (September 22, 2016)
- Project Update (January 21, 2016)
- Project Update (September 24, 2015)
- Project Update (June 25, 2015)
- Project Update (March 26, 2015)
- Project Update (December 18, 2014)
- Project Update (November 18, 2014)
- Project Update (September 25, 2014)
- Project Update (August 19, 2014)
- Project Update (June 26, 2014)
- Community Meeting Presentation (October 21, 2013)
- Community Meeting (May 23, 2012): Update Suggested Routes
- Community Meeting Presentation (November 29, 2011)
- Fact Sheet
- Site Plan and Entrance Views
- Aerial View and Space Studies
- Construction Photos
Applicable District-wide Projects
Last updated: 1/28/18 10:00 AM